[OpenAFS-devel] openafs linux-kernelmodule not buildable on sparc

Daniel J. Priem daniel@flexserv.de
Sat, 24 Feb 2007 08:11:46 +0100

Hi,
i ve tried to build a linux (2.6.18 to 2.6.20) openafs-kernelmodul(tried
from openafs 1.3 - 1.4.3-rc2) This always breaks with:
FATAL: modpost: GPL-incompatible module libafs.ko uses GPL-only symbol
'sys_call_table'
On i386 i've no problems, it's absolut sparc specific (not sure what
will happen on ppc64)
In Linux modpost.c is a check which does breaks if a non-gpl modue
request a GPL-only symbol. So now i need a solution.
One solution is to disable the check inside modpost.c, but then i am
required to always build my own kernels. I am no longer able to run
distribution specific kernel. Have somebody a fix for openafs, which
solves this problem in an other(better) way?

Regards
Daniel

--
 .''`.