[OpenAFS-devel] openafs linux-kernelmodule not buildable on sparc

Russ Allbery rra@stanford.edu
Sat, 24 Feb 2007 13:32:13 -0800

Daniel J Priem <daniel@flexserv.de> writes:

> i ve tried to build a linux (2.6.18 to 2.6.20) openafs-kernelmodul(tried
> from openafs 1.3 - 1.4.3-rc2) This always breaks with:
> FATAL: modpost: GPL-incompatible module libafs.ko uses GPL-only symbol
> 'sys_call_table'

> On i386 i've no problems, it's absolut sparc specific (not sure what
> will happen on ppc64)

I asked Daniel to send this here since I know there had been a lot of
discussion lately about the system call probing.  Aren't there other
kernels that also lock down the sys_call_table completely and don't
provide any way of hooking in a system call?  I thought we already had
code that handled this.