[OpenAFS-devel] System lockup with do_IRQ: stack overflow

Deon George deon@wurley.net
Mon, 26 Feb 2007 08:52:11 +1100

chas williams - CONTRACTOR wrote:
> In message <20070224015651.M90428@wurley.net>,"Deon George" writes:
>
>> do_IRQ: stack overflow <number>
>> I think the number was different each time (I didnt write it down).
>>

> the stock 32-bit fc6 kernels have CONFIG_4KSTACKS.  are you running a
> 32-bit guest?

Yes, I'm running 32 bit host and guest. I have no custom kernels - so my
FC6 guest and my RHEL5 host and guest are all stock distro kernels.
> you might try building your 64-bit host/guest kernels with
> DEBUG_STACK_USAGE or DEBUG_STACKOVERFLOW (if not already).
Does this still apply then?

BTW: I am also running a 32 bit FC3 guest (2.6.10-1.770) with openafs
1.4.1, and I am now putting all my write I/O through it (and it hasnt
missed a beat)...

If I get a chance, I'll upgrade it slowly to see if this is a 1.4.2
problem, or a later kernel problem...

...deon