[OpenAFS-devel] System lockup with do_IRQ: stack overflow

chas williams - CONTRACTOR chas@cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Sun, 25 Feb 2007 17:20:38 -0500

In message <45E2050B.1020404@wurley.net>,Deon George writes:
>chas williams - CONTRACTOR wrote:
>> In message <20070224015651.M90428@wurley.net>,"Deon George" writes:
>>
>>> do_IRQ: stack overflow <number>
>>> I think the number was different each time (I didnt write it down).
>>>

>> the stock 32-bit fc6 kernels have CONFIG_4KSTACKS.  are you running a
>> 32-bit guest?
>>
>Yes, I'm running 32 bit host and guest. I have no custom kernels - so my
>FC6 guest and my RHEL5 host and guest are all stock distro kernels.

unfortunately the afs client (and vmware too actually) need quite a
bit of stack space.  if you can, rebuild with the 4KSTACKS option
disabled.

>> you might try building your 64-bit host/guest kernels with
>> DEBUG_STACK_USAGE or DEBUG_STACKOVERFLOW (if not already).
>Does this still apply then?

you could build a 32-bit kernel with these and try to find the path in
the kernel that is overflowing the stack.