[OpenAFS-devel] Refactoring the Solaris libafs code base

Russ Allbery rra@stanford.edu
Tue, 02 Jan 2007 14:06:21 -0800

Jim Rees <rees@umich.edu> writes:

> If anyone is seriously considering refactoring the includes, I wish you
> good luck.  It's a job that needs doing.

> Please try to stick to the original unix include guidelines:

> first either sys/types or sys/param but not both
> then sys/*
> then net/* and other system includes
> then stdio and other user includes

> Most modern systems don't care, but some do.  The complete guidelines used
> to be in style(9).

FWIW, I've been simply alphabetizing the includes for years in INN and the
only difficulty I've run into is the need to include <netinet/in.h> before
<arpa/inet.h> on BSDI.  All other BSD systems anyone's built INN on have
been happy.