[OpenAFS-devel] latest cvs symbol errors..

Sean O'Malley omalleys@msu.edu
Sat, 13 Jan 2007 13:19:06 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 12 Jan 2007, Derrick J Brashear wrote:

> Got patch?

submitted :)
however res_search, and res_init are deprecated in favour of statp
(according to the man pages) because they reference the global res struct.
Which doesn't cause an issue with the cellconfig.c because it is doing
locking of the global mutex.. before and after the calls, but it can be
changed if we get rid of those symbols.. ..on solaris at least.

I don't know how platform specific that changed would be though.

> If the OpenSolaris people would ever actually fix
> http://bugs.opensolaris.org/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=6414475 I would
> have a test host. Instead I have a sad host.

I -think- this may be fixed actually. I was getting similar time-outs as
described reading the cd-rom's on the dell's and since I ran smpatch from
14 (installed from cd) -> 19 latest patch version, the time-outs have
disappeared.

I don't know what controller they are using though.

  Sean O'Malley, Information Technologist
  Michigan State University