[OpenAFS-devel] latest cvs symbol errors..

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Sat, 13 Jan 2007 13:30:49 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 13 Jan 2007, Sean O'Malley wrote:

> On Fri, 12 Jan 2007, Derrick J Brashear wrote:
>
>> Got patch?
>
> submitted :)
> however res_search, and res_init are deprecated in favour of statp
> (according to the man pages) because they reference the global res struct.
> Which doesn't cause an issue with the cellconfig.c because it is doing
> locking of the global mutex.. before and after the calls, but it can be
> changed if we get rid of those symbols.. ..on solaris at least.
>
> I don't know how platform specific that changed would be though.

We should probably do it anyway.

>> If the OpenSolaris people would ever actually fix
>> http://bugs.opensolaris.org/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=6414475 I would
>> have a test host. Instead I have a sad host.
>
> I -think- this may be fixed actually. I was getting similar time-outs as
> described reading the cd-rom's on the dell's and since I ran smpatch from
> 14 (installed from cd) -> 19 latest patch version, the time-outs have
> disappeared.

I'm using OpenSolaris build 54. I had a different cdrom issue; went away
when i forcibly disabled DMA on the cdrom. That's another issue entirely.

> I don't know what controller they are using though.

Promise PDC20267 (or 20269, I forget)