[OpenAFS-devel] thiscell not in fs listcells for dynroot/afsdb cell

Dave Botsch botsch@cnf.cornell.edu
Tue, 16 Jan 2007 14:40:56 -0500

On Tiger Intel, oafs1.4.2, my local cell is configured as an afsdb cell. I
discovered that the first time my afs tokens gui was popping up a list of cells
using the VIOCGETCELL pioctl, the cell list did not include the local cell. The
second time I popped up this list, the local cell was included.

I can mostly reproduce this on the commandline with fs listcells. After booting
up the computer, fs listcells does not show the local cell. If I do something
like 'fs wscell' and then rerun fs listcells, the local cell now shows up.

Thoughts?

--
David William Botsch