[OpenAFS-devel] Searchable OpenAFS source code

Jeffrey Hutzelman jhutz@cmu.edu
Tue, 16 Jan 2007 22:48:36 -0500

On Tuesday, January 16, 2007 08:41:51 PM -0500 Dale Ghent <daleg@umbc.edu>
wrote:

> On Jan 16, 2007, at 10:49 AM, Marcus Watts wrote:
>
>> You mean like:
>> 	cvs -d :pserver:anonymous@cvs.openafs.org:/cvs co CVSROOT
>>
>> Hopefully that's not what you really want; looks like the last time
>> anything under there was updated was 2003.  Subscribing some automated
>> script to openafs-cvs@openafs.org might get you more of what you need,
>> that is until the spam starts to arrive.  I suspect Derrick can get
>> you
>> set up with something actually useful.
>
> procmail scripts for emails aren't exactly what I need. OpenGrok  needs
> to be able to index the CVS foo,v log/diff files directly,  which are
> only found within CVSROOT.

Right.  You don't mean the CVSROOT module; you mean the repository, which
is sometimes (but by no means always) found by looking at the $CVSROOT
environment variable.  This is a common confusion with CVS.

You can find a copy of the CVS repository, or at least the openafs module,
in /afs/.grand.central.org/project/openafs/cvs.  This copy is updated once
per day, but be sure to use the RW path -- the volume is replicated but is
currently not released on a regular basis.

Depending on the resources involved, we can set something like this up in
the same place that services like cvsweb and wdelta run, and give it
read-only access to the live repository.  (I don't know what machine Jim is
talking about, but we _do_ have a couple of machines that provide services
related to supporting OpenAFS development).

   GRAND.CENTRAL.ORG/OpenAFS.ORG postmaster, webmaster, etc