[OpenAFS-devel] distribution for JAFS

Marcus Watts mdw@spam.ifs.umich.edu
Fri, 01 Jun 2007 06:09:58 -0400

writes kane96@gmx.de

> Date:    Fri, 01 Jun 2007 09:19:52 +0200
> To:      openafs-devel@openafs.org
> From:    kane96@gmx.de
> Subject: [OpenAFS-devel] distribution for JAFS
>
> Hi,
> can you name me a distribution, kernel and java version (or what else is import
> ant that JAFS works) that works with JAFS.
> I tried ubuntu and debian and had problems with both.

I built jafs last summer with openafs 1.5.x + rxk5 patches, debian
unstable and sun java 1.5(.0?).  I don't know that what what I built
worked.  At the time, I couldn't find anybody who would admit to caring,
so "it builds" was a convenient stopping point.

When I try building today, it breaks.  As best I can tell, somebody got
overly clever with gnu make, and it looks like either gnu make behavior
changed or I broke something.

Is this how it broke for you, or did something else break?  I see earlier
comments from you regarding bison/yacc but I assume you got past that.
You don't say which version of java or openafs that you used.

Since you apparently do care about jafs, I gotta ask: what do you hope to
do with this?  Do you have anything that works (or worked?).  How do you
intend to or hope to handle authentication?  Keytabs, tokens, passwords,
or what?

				-Marcus Watts