[OpenAFS-devel] Cache Volumes

Harald Barth haba@kth.se
Mon, 04 Jun 2007 17:12:25 +0200 (MEST)

> Which brings me to my question. A cache volume is my idea of a solution. It
> would be similar to a replication site with the exception of users being
> able to write to it.

Readwrite consistence is complicated. A first step would be to have a
volume that is a "shadow" of a rw. Like a readonly but that the
changes are synced continously (but asynchronous). Then at a given
signal, the shadow and the rw could be locked and after that exchange
roles.

Everything beyond that I see as an XL programming effort. The "shadow
volume" programming effort might be sized M and the the "exchange
roles" with a bit of luck only size S.

Harald.