[OpenAFS-devel] Re: defaults for 1.4.5: afsdb and dynroot?

Derrick J Brashear shadow@dementia.org
Mon, 18 Jun 2007 13:33:48 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 18 Jun 2007, Adam Megacz wrote:

> Derrick J Brashear <shadow@dementia.org> writes:
>> 3) a small set of options, like afsdb, which i think should default to on
>
> I'll look into figuring out how this is done.  It would also be nice
> if it defaulted to on for Windows (unless it already does?) and Linux
> (I'm pretty sure it doesn't).

If you don't know what the default is, how do you know you want it to
change? :)

> Unless my understanding is incorrect, I don't think that adding -afsdb
> can ever cause any functionality which was previously working to stop
> working.  Doesn't viced only check for AFSDB records if the cell is
> not found in CellServDB?

It can cause a behavior change which while silly could be deliberate, but
really it's more about finding bugs which wouldn't have mattered before if
you chose the defaults.