[OpenAFS-devel] Re: understanding afs_remunlink() and why .__afsXXX don't get cleaned up (FIXED!)

Mike Fedyk mfedyk@mikefedyk.com
Thu, 01 Mar 2007 11:13:49 -0800

chas williams - CONTRACTOR wrote:
> In message <x3r6sayjx8.fsf_-_@nowhere.com>,Adam Megacz writes:
>> I can confirm that this patch fixes the problem -- no more .__afsXXX
>> leftovers after applying this to 1.4.3rc2.  Thank you!!
>>
>> Hopefully this will get folded into the OpenAFS source at some point...
>
> could you try this version.  it adds a vnode_recycle()/cache_purge()
> to the afs_vop_inactive() if it stumbles across an unlinked file.
>
> also, it adds a vnode_recycle() for successful rmdir's and doesnt
> do cache_purges() when remove operations fail.

I imagine that afs_vop_inactive() somewhere in the directory listing
code.  If so can you print out a warning in the logs?

It's good to clean up after a spill, but at least we'll know that there
has been a spill this way.

Mike