[OpenAFS-devel] Max /vicep partition size?

Zach Schimke zschimke@mars.asu.edu
Tue, 08 May 2007 16:22:53 -0700

Okay, so here's a large AFS volume.

Just installed a brand new 3U box with a very large (6.5TiB) /vicepa
and I'm having the same issue. Using the latest stable openafs
(1.4.4)  and I cannot add data to a new volume.

# df -h /vicepa
/dev/sdb1             6.4T  182M  6.4T   1% /vicepa
# vos partinfo afs8
Free space on partition /vicepa: -1791928152 K blocks out of total
- -1791742380
# touch mer
touch: cannot touch `mer': No space left on device

Seems like some value in the source should be a 64-bit unsigned long?
I can, however, add replication sites to this large partition.

Zach Schimke
Junior Systems Admin
Mars Space Flight Facility