[OpenAFS-devel] Re: [kerberos-discuss] Solaris 10 SSHD, pam_krb5 and xscreensaver handling of renewed/forwarded ticket

Douglas E. Engert deengert@anl.gov
Thu, 15 Nov 2007 08:50:37 -0600

Another comment on the inconsistent handling of shared caches.
The screen saver and ssh (if fixed) would only updates the TGT
with a newer TGT.

But kinit -R updates the TGT, AND discards all the other tickets.
So something as simple as (kinit -R ; aklog) could be used to get
a long lasting token after a scree unlock.

So if Sun has applications that are sensitive to not finding a ticket
in a shared cache, you need to look at effects of kinit -R being run
in some other session too.