[OpenAFS-devel] YDL 5.0.2... it gets weirder

Atro Tossavainen atro.tossavainen+openafs@helsinki.fi
Tue, 16 Oct 2007 22:08:55 +0300 (EEST)

Russ,

> pam_afs isn't going to work on any Linux platform other than i386
> unless you build all of the libraries PIC.

I don't remember having to do anything special to get it to work on
YDL 2.3.  It was an earlier version of OpenAFS, of course.  Is there
a reason why the libraries aren't being built PIC in any case?

> You really don't want to be using it anyway if you can possibly help it,
> but you probably knew that already.

Yes.  I'm perfectly aware of the need of a transition to Kerberos V
infrastructure, but our Transarc^WIBM Pittsburgh Lab support contract
only ended the past summer and I just need to get a round tuit...

--
Atro Tossavainen (Mr.)               / The Institute of Biotechnology at
Systems Analyst, Techno-Amish &     / the University of Helsinki, Finland,