[OpenAFS-devel] 1.4.8 has (re) introduced IP address ACL problems?

Deon George deon@wurley.net
Tue, 09 Dec 2008 14:54:23 +1100

OK, maybe I am telling you the wrong thing (is this related to my
problem?)..

I used to have this IP address related ACL problem a few years ago, and
I figured because the afs client would connect to the quickest
responding IP address (and I only had 10.1.3.1 in the ACL list, but the
server had many IPs, and fs gc showed them all) - I played around with
stuff that i cant remember now, but got it down to the 1 IP address that
this server has (eth0).

Thus fs gc used to show all the IPaddress , it now only shows the 1
(10.1.3.1), instead of the 5 others it has...

(BTW: I dont have a netrestrict file - that seems to ring a bell - yet I
only see the 1 IP?)

Anyway, I have created a NetRestrict file, placing it in /usr/vice/etc -
do you think this will fix my problem?

...deon