[OpenAFS-devel] 1.4.8 has (re) introduced IP address ACL problems?

Deon George deon@wurley.net
Tue, 09 Dec 2008 15:01:50 +1100

OK, Im confused, re NetInfo.. According to the man page

If it exists ... when the Cache Manager initializes, ... its contents as
the basis for a list of local interfaces. Otherwise, the Cache Manager
uses the list of interfaces configured with the operating system.

So (trying to figure out why I have ACL problems), does this mean that
my client will connect to any interface on the server and hence get the
permission denied, because the ACL is for 10.1.3.1 - but it connects to
another interface that has a different IP (and therefore the server
would see the connection as the IP address for the interface)...

...deon