[OpenAFS-devel] 1.4.8 has (re) introduced IP address ACL problems?

Deon George deon@wurley.net
Wed, 10 Dec 2008 23:23:09 +1100

Jeffrey Hutzelman wrote:
> The NetInfo file restricts the set of interfaces that can be used, and
> has the behavior Deon expects.  If a NetInfo file is present, then
> only addresses listed in it are advertised, period.  If a NetRestrict
> file is present, then addresses contained in it are _not_ listed.  If
> both files are present, then both sets of restrictions apply.
> Further, even if an address is listed in NetInfo, it is not advertised
> unless it also appears on an interface or is prefixed by 'F'.

So I should only have a NetInfo file (as I currently do)?

That being the case, why would the IP address ACLs stop working after a
period of time, and required the AFS client to be restarted?

...deon