[OpenAFS-devel] php-(a)fs

Moritz Bechler mbechler@eenterphace.org
Thu, 11 Dec 2008 16:50:43 +0100

Hi Alberto,
> Hi,
> I wrote, mostly to understand the difficulties, a tiny php extension
> wrapping a couple of pioctl calls.
>
> Actually WHEREIS,GETACL,GETVOLSTAT are in the code and I think that
> writing the extension is less problematic than processing  'fs'
> output.
>
> The code (that is really a quick-and-dirty test) can be downloaded
> at the URL:
>     http://ununtrio.math.unifi.it/PHP/
>
> where a working test (test.php) is available.
> Most of the code is from fs.c.
>
> Any criticism will be apreciated.
>
> I'd like to ear ideas on the general layout of the extension (OO ?) and
> on the "operations" that may be useful to implement.
>
> The code is going to be part of a web-afs-access system
> (something similar to filedrawers, and based on mod_waklog)
> we are planning/developing for our users.

I did some work on something similar some time ago. I focused more on
the administative functions of AFS but then stopped because It was a
really tedious task to implement them all. Then I reverted to just allow
to obtain a kernel token and am now using the Perl AFS bindings (and php
perl bridge) to do the required tasks.
The extension source is available at
http://phpsatk.eenterphace.org/svn/phpsatk/extensions/php_afs/trunk/

If you are looking forward to implement the administrative functions
I'll be happy to test and might even be able to help you out a little.

with best regards
Moritz Bechler