[OpenAFS-devel] Solaris fixes for 1.4.x / AFS_SUN510_ENV

Jeffrey Hutzelman jhutz@cmu.edu
Mon, 11 Feb 2008 14:33:03 -0500

--On Monday, February 11, 2008 07:50:10 PM +0100 "Frank Batschulat (Home)"
<Frank.Batschulat@Sun.COM> wrote:

> if thats the intent, ie. block all signal over the AFS syscall kernel
> execution, the afsd could possibly use sigfillset(3C) &
> thr_sigsetmask(3C), e.g

(1) That's not "all signals".  SIGKILL is a signal.  So is SIGSTOP.
(2) It's not afsd's job to set up the operation of the cache manager's
kernel threads.  It's afsd's job to fork and make a syscall to donate its
context.  This is a perfectly legitimate way to create kernel threads, and
as with a number of cases, the reason AFS does it this way is because we've
been using kernel threads since before most operating systems had them.