[OpenAFS-devel] Failed compile of openafs 1.5.31 for ARM linux 2.6.21 on Nokia N800 maemo OS2008 (fwd)

Jason Edgecombe jason@rampaginggeek.com
Tue, 19 Feb 2008 20:03:34 -0500

Derrick Brashear wrote:
> On Feb 18, 2008 8:48 PM, Jason Edgecombe <jason@rampaginggeek.com> wrote:
>
>> Russ Allbery wrote:

>>> What if you could play all your portable music directly or cached out of
>>> AFS from your handheld without having to keep copies of it everywhere and
>>> worrying about how much storage is in it?
>>>

>> All kidding aside, does anyone have an idea of how to fix the error?
>>
>> I found a reference to "flex -l" in the archives, but "flex -l" is
>> specified in the right file, so I'm stumped.
>>

> I already have the fix in my sandbox. As soon as I have a few minutes
> I'll commit it.
>
> The fix is actually in the sandbox *from my car stereo* also, which at
> this point is a few years old.

Thanks,

The compile works now, but insmod fails:

/opt/lib/openafs # insmod libafs-2.6.21-omap1.ko
insmod: cannot insert 'libafs-2.6.21-omap1.ko': Unknown symbol in module
(-1): No such file or directory
/opt/lib/openafs #

dmesg shows:
[35023.632812] libafs: Unknown symbol svc_auth_register
[35023.648437] libafs: Unknown symbol svc_auth_unregister

I used configure --prefix=/opt to keep things in their own folder for
testing.

Thanks,
Jason