[OpenAFS-devel] Failed compile of openafs 1.5.31 for ARM linux 2.6.21 on Nokia N800 maemo OS2008 (fwd)

Jason Edgecombe jason@rampaginggeek.com
Tue, 19 Feb 2008 22:12:41 -0500

Michael Meffie wrote:
> Jason Edgecombe wrote:
>> Derrick Brashear wrote:

>>> I already have the fix in my sandbox. As soon as I have a few minutes
>>> I'll commit it.
>>>
>>> The fix is actually in the sandbox *from my car stereo* also, which at
>>> this point is a few years old.
>>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> The compile works now, but insmod fails:
>>
>> /opt/lib/openafs # insmod libafs-2.6.21-omap1.ko
>> insmod: cannot insert 'libafs-2.6.21-omap1.ko': Unknown symbol in
>> module (-1): No such file or directory
>> /opt/lib/openafs #
>>
>> dmesg shows:
>> [35023.632812] libafs: Unknown symbol svc_auth_register
>> [35023.648437] libafs: Unknown symbol svc_auth_unregister
>
> try, insmod /lib/modules/$(uname -r)/kernel/net/sunrpc/sunrpc.ko
>

>> I used configure --prefix=/opt to keep things in their own folder for
>> testing.

Well, sunrpc is not pre-built on the N800/maemo, but I built the 1.4.x
branch as suggested by Derrick and it works! Woohoo!

I was able to browse some directories in afs as an unauthenticated user.
Next step, authentication.

Jason