[OpenAFS-devel] Compile on open solaris

Sean O'Malley omalleys@msu.edu
Wed, 20 Feb 2008 11:15:19 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 19 Feb 2008, Mattias Pantzare wrote:

> I am trying to compile openafs from CVS on a Open Solaris system (snv_77).
>
> I am getting this error, any hints?

IIRC (and I may not) I think I had to edit the Makefile and ditch the ar
line or ranlib line, CPP, change the compiler flags or something along
those lines to get it to compile on Solaris 10.

The last time I built it on solaris 10/i86 from cvs it worked. So I would
look to see what that is using for flags.

There also might be a message on this from me somewhere in the
archives or the bugtracker that addresses this issue, but I could be
wrong. :)

  Sean O'Malley, Information Technologist
  Michigan State University