[OpenAFS-devel] openafs hangs on shutdown with selinux (caused by callback expiration via umount?)

Russ Allbery rra@stanford.edu
Thu, 03 Jan 2008 11:12:56 -0800

"Derrick Brashear" <shadow@gmail.com> writes:
> On Jan 3, 2008 12:27 AM, Russ Allbery <rra@stanford.edu> wrote:

>> The Debian init script first calls afsd -shutdown and then calls umount.
>> I see that the Red Hat init script in the packaging directory doesn't do
>> this.  I wonder if it would help.

> Actually, the correct order is
> umount /afs
> afsd -shutdown
> rmmod

> any other order may not work, and may in fact explicitly not work as the
> module tries to make it not work.

That teaches me to post without looking first.  The above order is indeed
what the Debian init script does (with the interposition of killing afsd
after afsd -shutdown and before rmmod to get rid of the extra daemons that
-rmtsys starts and doesn't kill).