[OpenAFS-devel] rxk5 branch is ready; please test

Douglas E. Engert deengert@anl.gov
Fri, 11 Jan 2008 14:38:33 -0600

Jeffrey Hutzelman wrote:
> --On Friday, January 11, 2008 02:13:49 PM -0600 "Douglas E. Engert"
> <deengert@anl.gov> wrote:
>
>> This afternoon, did a cvs update, and found three new problems.
>> All three are because the Solaris compiler considers a void
>> function returning a value as an error.
>
> Well, I would expect any compiler to produce at least a warning for
> that. IMHO this code is integrated it needs to be cleaned up to the
> point where not only does it build on all of our platforms, but it
> doesn't substantially increase the number of warnings, at least in
> modules that have already been cleaned up in that respect.

I agree, and I am testing a branch, using a non-gcc compiler. The three
modules where all in the last few weeks to the branch.

There are a lot of warning too, if you want I can send them as well.

--

  Douglas E. Engert  <DEEngert@anl.gov>
  Argonne National Laboratory