[OpenAFS-devel] some informations about JAFS

Alessio Rocchi alexrocchi@gmail.com
Thu, 31 Jan 2008 16:45:31 +0100

------=_Part_17933_10588853.1201794331060

Hi everybody.
i'm writing to ask you for some informations about JAFS (The Java APIs for
openAFS).
For a project i'm following, i'm considering to migrate my current perl code
toward a java implementation using JAFS.
So, before starting a porting task (with the obvious problems it can bring),
i'd like to know the following things:
- What is the project status? Is it up-to date? is it stable? Is it actively
maintained?
- Are the results provided by it reliable?
- I already tried to compile it, and i saw that it's not working well with
jdk>1.4 (but it's not a big issue). Is there any plan to make it compatible
with the newer versions of the jvm?

Thank you in advance,
A.

------=_Part_17933_10588853.1201794331060