[OpenAFS-devel] pinstall breaks fakeroot when compiling openafs for Nokia tablets

Russ Allbery rra@stanford.edu
Thu, 17 Jul 2008 11:12:21 -0700

Jason Edgecombe <jason@rampaginggeek.com> writes:

> I'm trying get openafs to build for the latest OS update, diablo, on the
> Nokia tablets. I'm getting the error "libfakeroot: FAKEROOTKEY not
> defined in environment" . Marius was helpful on the maemo-developer list
> for tracking the problem down to pinstall. pinstall is clobbering the
> environment variables LD_PRELOAD and FAKEROOTKEY which are needed by
> fakeroot.
>
> Would someone enlighten me as to what pinstall does, why we use it, and
> how to fix this?

pinstall is used to install files, similar to install-sh in other
projects.

If this analysis is correct, there's something uniquely different about
fakeroot on Maemo.  I build OpenAFS under fakeroot all the time and have
never had this problem.