[OpenAFS-devel] pinstall breaks fakeroot when compiling openafs for Nokia tablets

Jason Edgecombe jason@rampaginggeek.com
Mon, 21 Jul 2008 21:36:59 -0400

Russ Allbery wrote:
> Jason Edgecombe <jason@rampaginggeek.com> writes:
>

>> ok, this just gets weirder. According to Marius on the maemo-developer
>> list, pinstall should always fail because it clobbers the environment,
>> but it works after I switch to the CHINOOK_ARMEL scratchbox target. It
>> breaks when I switch back to the DIABLO_ARMEL target.
>>
>> ideas?
>>

> Well, you could just patch pinstall to not clobber the environment.  I'm
> not sure why it does that anyway.

I think I'll have to do that.

My C is weak. Do I pass null as the third parameter to execve?
or do I have to get a copy of the environment. what function  call gives
that?

        execve("/bin/cp", copy, env);

Thanks,
Jason