[OpenAFS-devel] pinstall breaks fakeroot when compiling openafs for Nokia tablets

Russ Allbery rra@stanford.edu
Mon, 21 Jul 2008 19:35:33 -0700

Jason Edgecombe <jason@rampaginggeek.com> writes:

> My C is weak. Do I pass null as the third parameter to execve?  or do I
> have to get a copy of the environment. what function call gives that?

>        execve("/bin/cp", copy, env);

The only point of using execve instead of execv is to override the
environment, so since you don't need to do that, you can just change the
call to execv and drop the env argument.  (This assumes that pinstall
isn't intentionally setting the environment to something that affects the
behavior of cp; I haven't looked at the code.)