[OpenAFS-devel] pinstall breaks fakeroot when compiling openafs for Nokia tablets

Jason Edgecombe jason@rampaginggeek.com
Tue, 22 Jul 2008 22:04:35 -0400

Russ Allbery wrote:
> Jason Edgecombe <jason@rampaginggeek.com> writes:
>

>> My C is weak. Do I pass null as the third parameter to execve?  or do I
>> have to get a copy of the environment. what function call gives that?
>>

>>        execve("/bin/cp", copy, env);
>>

> The only point of using execve instead of execv is to override the
> environment, so since you don't need to do that, you can just change the
> call to execv and drop the env argument.  (This assumes that pinstall
> isn't intentionally setting the environment to something that affects the
> behavior of cp; I haven't looked at the code.)

Thanks Russ. That fixed things. I added the changes and I'm making
progress and actually got a .deb start testing.

I've submitted the patched install.c to RT.

Thanks,
Jason