[OpenAFS-devel] [grand.central.org #87977] MAX_FILESERVER_THREAD vs FD_HANDLE_SETASIDE

Dan Hyde Dan Hyde <drh@umich.edu>
Mon, 03 Mar 2008 09:42:03 -0500

> Been there, done that: namei-avoid-spurious-emfile-20071126 is the
> answer I suppose.

Thanks for the heads up; I didn't see your fix.  Looking it over, and
thinking of a worst-case scenario, if all threads tried to open a file
at the same time, they'd all fdCacheSize--, and the end result would be
to reduce the fdCacheSize down so all threads could open a file.  I'd
rather do the math up front, but doing it when it proves to be a
problem certainly works, too.

I could live with either of these fixes.