[OpenAFS-devel] Problem compiling OpenAFS 1.5.38 on 64bit Fedora 8

Jeffrey Hutzelman jhutz@cmu.edu
Fri, 30 May 2008 12:00:21 -0400

--On Tuesday, May 27, 2008 10:23:05 AM -0700 Alf Wachsmann
<alfw@slac.stanford.edu> wrote:

> I am having trouble compiling OpenAFS 1.5.38 on my fully patched
> 64bit Fedora 8 system. The kernel version is 2.6.24.7-92.fc8-x86_64.

It appears that we have once again been bitten by the linux-kernel folks
either not understanding what a stable API is, or not caring about having
one.  The filesystem exporter interface has apparently changed, and "now
that all filesystems are converted", support for the interface we actually
use has been discontinued.  As far as I can tell these changes appeared
upstream in 2.6.25, but may have been backported by Red Hat.

-- Jeff