[OpenAFS-devel] Linux Dynamic Kernel Module Support

Charles Curley charlescurley@charlescurley.com
Tue, 18 Nov 2008 08:24:37 -0700

--Kj7319i9nmIyA2yE

On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 08:50:46AM -0500, Derrick Brashear wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 16, 2008 at 4:34 PM, Charles Curley
> <charlescurley@charlescurley.com> wrote:
> > In the course of another project, I came across the Dynamic Kernel
> > Module Support project for Linux. On the off chance that the various
> > Linux packagers aren't already aware of it, I thought it might be
> > worth looking at for OpenAFS.
> >
> > http://linux.dell.com/projects.shtml#dkms
>=20
> Did you happen to notice that the packagers were not only aware but
> already shipping them?

Actually, no, I didn't. This could be because I use Ubuntu, which is
up to openafs-modules-source-1.4.7.dfsg1-6--all and
openafs-client-1.4.7.dfsg1-6--i386. Neither package appears to use
dkms.

In any case, I'm glad you're using it for other packages; it should
make life much easier for sysadmins.

--=20

Key fingerprint =3D CE5C 6645 A45A 64E4 94C0  809C FFF6 4C48 4ECD DFDB

--Kj7319i9nmIyA2yE

--Kj7319i9nmIyA2yE--