[OpenAFS-devel] vos create fails in 1.5.54 on Linux

Tom Keiser tkeiser@gmail.com
Thu, 16 Oct 2008 18:58:59 -0400

On 10/11/08, Jason Edgecombe <jason@rampaginggeek.com> wrote:
> FYI, I'm still having the vos create and other problems when testing
>  1.5.54 on Linux. The same problem happened  in the CVS code some weeks
>  ago for me. I haven't been testing in between these times.

This is a known regression introduced by
dafs-accurately-track-inuse-20080317.  It's been a while since I
looked into this issue, but as I recall, we need to add more state to
struct Volume in order to deal with the vos create case.

>  vos create still fails like it did with the cvs version. I tried
>  compiling with dafs enabled, but that didn't change my previous results.

Out of curiosity, exactly what do you mean?  Did the dafs volserver
fail all volume transactions for this volid after the vos create left
the volume in an offline state?  Did the salvageserver fail to fix the
problem during a demand salvage?  Something else?

-Tom