[OpenAFS-devel] vos create fails in 1.5.54 on Linux

Jason Edgecombe jason@rampaginggeek.com
Thu, 16 Oct 2008 22:00:17 -0400

Tom Keiser wrote:
> On 10/11/08, Jason Edgecombe <jason@rampaginggeek.com> wrote:
>
>> FYI, I'm still having the vos create and other problems when testing
>>  1.5.54 on Linux. The same problem happened  in the CVS code some weeks
>>  ago for me. I haven't been testing in between these times.
>>

> This is a known regression introduced by
> dafs-accurately-track-inuse-20080317.  It's been a while since I
> looked into this issue, but as I recall, we need to add more state to
> struct Volume in order to deal with the vos create case.
>

>>  vos create still fails like it did with the cvs version. I tried
>>  compiling with dafs enabled, but that didn't change my previous results.
>>

> Out of curiosity, exactly what do you mean?  Did the dafs volserver
> fail all volume transactions for this volid after the vos create left
> the volume in an offline state?  Did the salvageserver fail to fix the
> problem during a demand salvage?  Something else?

A couple of weeks ago,  I was testing CVS code from the 1.5 branch
before 1.5.54 came out, I think. When I first tried testing, I didn't
compile that from CVS with dafs, but I still got the same vos create errors.

Jason