[OpenAFS-devel] Tracing NameToId

Derrick Brashear shadow@gmail.com
Mon, 6 Apr 2009 14:54:42 -0400

--000e0cd3101c6c45a10466e76eb0

On Mon, Apr 6, 2009 at 2:40 PM, Barry Fawthrop <barry@isscp.com> wrote:

> Derrick Brashear wrote:
> >
> > i have no idea. i don't have time to decode the assembly and see what's
> up,
> > and really, it's not worth spending a whole lot of time on lwp anyway; in
> > the nearish future openafs will just use pthreads. if you want to do
> > experimental stuff, that might be possible now: define USE_PTHREADS when
> > building liblwp (e.g. in src/lwp) and then use that liblwp. or, better
> yet,
> > stop linking liblwp, librx, librxkad and company and link (only)
> libafsrpc,
> > libafsauthent, libafsutil and libpthread.
> >

> I tried defining USE_PTHREADS and then it complains about
> pthread_startroutine_t  and  and pthread_addr_t  are unknown types
> looking through all the src files I do not see where this is defined
>
> I see a pthread.h under winnt but I don't see it defined there

pthread.h in winnt wouldn't be for you, unless you're compiling on winnt. in
any case, libafsrpc et al is probably a better answer anyway.

--000e0cd3101c6c45a10466e76eb0

wthrop <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:barry@isscp.com">barry@isscp=
rder-left: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204); margin: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0.8ex; padding=
-left: 1ex;">
&gt;<br>
&gt; i have no idea. i don&#39;t have time to decode the assembly and see w=
hat&#39;s up,<br>
&gt; and really, it&#39;s not worth spending a whole lot of time on lwp any=
way; in<br>
&gt; the nearish future openafs will just use pthreads. if you want to do<b=
r>
&gt; experimental stuff, that might be possible now: define USE_PTHREADS wh=
en<br>
&gt; building liblwp (e.g. in src/lwp) and then use that liblwp. or, better=
 yet,<br>
&gt; stop linking liblwp, librx, librxkad and company and link (only) libaf=
srpc,<br>
&gt; libafsauthent, libafsutil and libpthread.<br>
&gt;<br>
pthread_startroutine_t =A0and =A0and pthread_addr_t =A0are unknown types<br=

looking through all the src files I do not see where this is defined<br>
I see a pthread.h under winnt but I don&#39;t see it defined there<br>
 be for you, unless you&#39;re compiling on winnt. in any case, libafsrpc e=

--000e0cd3101c6c45a10466e76eb0--