[OpenAFS-devel] Google Summer of Code 2009 student introduction

ÍõÀÚ wang840925@gmail.com
Tue, 21 Apr 2009 22:05:00 +0800

--000e0cd4830000fcd0046811225d

Hello, everyone! I'm one of the accept students of GSoC 2009. My project is
to implement  some OpenAFS features into the Linux kafs kernel module. The
first feature is  DNS AFSDB Support which may be implemented by sharing the
mechanism used by CIFS as my mentor's design at present. The second is
implement more functions of the pioctl system-call on the work of the
student of GSoC last year. And the other two are to implement some OpenAFS
fs commonds that were not implemented in kafs and Keyring compatibility
which can work well with both OpenAFS client and kafs. I have began to read
the documatations of pioctl/ioctl of the OpenAFS, and I will start my work
with the implement of this system call. There are a lot of pioctls to
implement and I think that can help me to understand OpenAFS. By the way,
weylan is my English name, either is ok.
 --
Best Wish.
 Wang Lei

--000e0cd4830000fcd0046811225d

roject is to implement =A0some OpenAFS features into the Linux kafs kernel =
module. The first feature is =A0DNS AFSDB Support which may be implemented =
by sharing the mechanism used by CIFS as my mentor&#39;s design at present.=
 The second is implement more functions of the pioctl system-call on the wo=
rk of the student of GSoC last year. And the other two are to implement som=
e OpenAFS fs commonds that were not implemented in kafs and Keyring compati=
bility which can work well=A0with=A0both=A0OpenAFS client=A0and kafs. I hav=
e began to read the documatations of pioctl/ioctl of the OpenAFS, and I wil=
l start my work with the implement of this system call. There are a lot of =
pioctls to implement and I think that can help me to understand OpenAFS. By=
 the way, weylan is my English name, either is ok.</div>

--000e0cd4830000fcd0046811225d--