[OpenAFS-devel] Retry transaction creates on transient problems

Harald Barth haba@kth.se
Mon, 27 Apr 2009 11:13:16 +0200 (CEST)

> The patch solves a concrete problem, namely daily backups failing on
> a several-thousand-volume server hence we need it or something
> equivalent.

We have ~5 vos dump (for backup) per week failing and will solve these
in the same way if noone steps up with a better patch. So yes, I'd
like to see that patch in the distro. There are other higher
prioritized probles than the expected thread tie up. We can easily
have a higher thread count which is rediciously low per default
anyway, or can't we?

> I decided to share it

Thanks,
Harald.