[OpenAFS-devel] PAGs/tokens/threads

Chas Williams (CONTRACTOR) chas@cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Fri, 07 Aug 2009 09:42:49 -0400

In message <5A5AA768077953E68AD500F9@atlantis.pc.cs.cmu.edu>,Jeffrey Hutzelman
writes:
>> backwards compat for older programs (and users) that might look at
>> your group list to determine if you have a pag (for whatever reason).
>> obviously this will be somewhat confusing to a thread process.
>> this feature should go away since it exposes the pag value.
>
>That's not why I'd make it go away.  The pag value is not a secret.

i think it should be treated as a secret.  the current workaround to
prevent pag collision (and a brute force attack) it to sleep before/after
issuing a pag since it is a simple increment.  regardless, i dont think
people and making their own api (which involves coping these groups)
and then complaining when we 'break' something by changing our behavior.
if they dont like the current api, they should ask for changes.