[OpenAFS-devel] Summer of Code '09 and making sure OpenAFS is ready

Jake Thebault-Spieker summatusmentis@gmail.com
Fri, 13 Feb 2009 15:38:06 -0600

--000e0cd56b08fea6580462d3a6ca

I was browsing over the Google Summer of Code 2009 FAQ document that was
released in the last week or two, and I realized that according the the
published timeline, the deadline for Mentoring Organizations to apply is
exactly one month from today (due March 13th).

I remember some discussions in either IRC or Jabber a while ago, but I
haven't heard anything since. While it's possible that I missed it, I just
thought I'd inquire as to where people see OpenAFS with regard to hitting
that deadline.

Presumably the any projects that didn't get applied to or accepted last year
will be put up again, in addition to some projects that didn't fully finish
their original goals, and can build off of the previous work. Another
project I remember being discussed is:

   - getting a file browser working for maemo/Nokia N8x0 or Android devices

I know that I, and I assume others, don't want OpenAFS to inadvertently miss
the deadline. Where are we?

--
Jacob Thebault-Spieker
Cell: (320) 288-6412

--000e0cd56b08fea6580462d3a6ca

I was browsing over the Google Summer of Code 2009 FAQ document that was re=
leased in the last week or two, and I realized that according the the publi=
shed timeline, the deadline for Mentoring Organizations to apply is exactly=
 one month from today (due March 13th). <br>
haven&#39;t heard anything since. While it&#39;s possible that I missed it,=
 I just thought I&#39;d inquire as to where people see OpenAFS with regard =
to hitting that deadline. <br>
last year will be put up again, in addition to some projects that didn&#39;=
t fully finish their original goals, and can build off of the previous work=
. Another project I remember being discussed is:<br>
<ul><li>getting a file browser working for maemo/Nokia N8x0 or Android devi=
nAFS to inadvertently miss the deadline. Where are we?<br clear=3D"all"><br=

--000e0cd56b08fea6580462d3a6ca--