[OpenAFS-devel] release-team@openafs.org

Derrick Brashear shadow@gmail.com
Mon, 12 Jan 2009 20:27:27 -0500

On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 8:20 PM, Christopher D. Clausen
<cclausen@acm.org> wrote:
> Derrick Brashear <shadow@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> 2. I'd like to request formally that the gatekeepers make it possible
>>> for willing volunteers like myself to join the release team, so that
>>> we can help with this type of work.
>>
>> release-team@openafs.org has been available for this purpose for quite
>> a while now. Please join it if you'd like to help build and test
>> releases that we'll be making binaries available of; As to the
>> preceding point, I will grant that a few times unix support in 1.5.x
>> has slipped a little as we've attempted to push fixes for Windows
>> quickly, and I apologize for that.
>
> Maybe someone should update the description for that list then, as I
> interrpret it as "GO AWAY" in kinder and gentler wording:
>
> "This list is for private discussion and announcements among the group of
> people involved in putting together a public release of OpenAFS.
>
> This is a closed list -- subscriptions require approval from the list
> adminstrator, and only current subscribers may post without moderator
> approval. Only people involved in putting together OpenAFS releases will be
> permitted to subscribe to this list. If you are not such a person, please do
> not send subscription requests; the vast majority of work done by
> GRAND.CENTRAL.ORG postmasters consists of rejecting subscription requests
> for private lists."

I didn't write it. I assume Jeff Hutzelman did. However, the goal was
to convey that it's not a list for discussion or opinion, it's one for
fact:
-builds/does not build
-works/does not work

The idea being that development discussion would take place here.

--
Derrick