[OpenAFS-devel] release-team@openafs.org

Christopher D. Clausen cclausen@acm.org
Mon, 12 Jan 2009 19:20:18 -0600

Derrick Brashear <shadow@gmail.com> wrote:
>> 2. I'd like to request formally that the gatekeepers make it possible
>> for willing volunteers like myself to join the release team, so that
>> we can help with this type of work.
>
> release-team@openafs.org has been available for this purpose for quite
> a while now. Please join it if you'd like to help build and test
> releases that we'll be making binaries available of; As to the
> preceding point, I will grant that a few times unix support in 1.5.x
> has slipped a little as we've attempted to push fixes for Windows
> quickly, and I apologize for that.

Maybe someone should update the description for that list then, as I
interrpret it as "GO AWAY" in kinder and gentler wording:

"This list is for private discussion and announcements among the group
of people involved in putting together a public release of OpenAFS.

This is a closed list -- subscriptions require approval from the list
adminstrator, and only current subscribers may post without moderator
approval. Only people involved in putting together OpenAFS releases will
be permitted to subscribe to this list. If you are not such a person,
please do not send subscription requests; the vast majority of work done
by GRAND.CENTRAL.ORG postmasters consists of rejecting subscription
requests for private lists."

<<CDC