[OpenAFS-devel] Re: Compiling kernel module for 2.6.28.1

Jeffrey Hutzelman jhutz@cmu.edu
Fri, 23 Jan 2009 12:37:05 -0500

--On Friday, January 23, 2009 11:03:23 AM +0000 Simon Wilkinson
<sxw@inf.ed.ac.uk> wrote:

> On 23 Jan 2009, at 09:51, Dr A V Le Blanc wrote:
>
>> I've tried compiling the kernel module from openafs-1.5.57 for kernel
>> 2.6.28.1, and I get this error:
>
> Unfortunately, d_alloc_anon was removed from the kernel recently, and
> replaced with the GPL only d_obtain_alias function, which OpenAFS cannot
> use. Unfortunately that, and the relicensing of a load of the sunrpc
> functions to also be GPL only, means that the Linux NFS translator is
> pretty much dead in the water.

Which reminds me; have we complained at lkml yet?
ISTR Linus saying that existing interfaces would not be relicensed in this
fashion.

-- Jeff