[OpenAFS-devel] Re: segfault in process.c:savecontext() during lwp init -- how to debug?

Adam Megacz megacz@hcoop.net
Tue, 30 Jun 2009 21:59:07 -0700

Russ Allbery <rra@stanford.edu> writes:
>> Of course, using nscd avoids all these problems, which is why I urge
>> that it always be used with libnss-afs.

> It's a shame that nscd is so buggy, although if you don't use it for DNS
> you can avoid the worst disasters.

Seriously.  This caused a lot of trouble until I found "enable-cache hosts no":

> The simple answer is to link with libafsauthent and libafsrpc, which are
> pthreaded, instead of the other mess of libraries.

Thanks for the advice!

Unfortunately that doesn't quite work... see below.  To be honest,
I've never been able to figure out how I'm supposed to know which of
the AFS libraries to link against -- is there any sort of
documentation that sets out the rules for figuring this out?

  http://www.megacz.com/tmp/errors.txt

(previous attempt to post with the errors included got rejected by
Mailman for some reason).

  - a