[OpenAFS-devel] Re: segfault in process.c:savecontext() during lwp init -- how to debug?

Derrick Brashear shadow@gmail.com
Wed, 1 Jul 2009 01:03:16 -0400

On Wed, Jul 1, 2009 at 12:59 AM, Adam Megacz<megacz@hcoop.net> wrote:

> Russ Allbery <rra@stanford.edu> writes:
>>> Of course, using nscd avoids all these problems, which is why I urge
>>> that it always be used with libnss-afs.
>
>> It's a shame that nscd is so buggy, although if you don't use it for DNS
>> you can avoid the worst disasters.
>
> Seriously. =A0This caused a lot of trouble until I found "enable-cache ho=
sts no":

> =A0http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=3D467609
>
>> The simple answer is to link with libafsauthent and libafsrpc, which are
>> pthreaded, instead of the other mess of libraries.
>
> Thanks for the advice!
>
> Unfortunately that doesn't quite work... see below. =A0To be honest,
> I've never been able to figure out how I'm supposed to know which of
> the AFS libraries to link against -- is there any sort of
> documentation that sets out the rules for figuring this out?

without the link arguments, it's not useful. did you really link with
-lafsauthent -lafsrpc -lpthread?

> =A0http://www.megacz.com/tmp/errors.txt
>
> (previous attempt to post with the errors included got rejected by
> Mailman for some reason).

"it's huge. i hear they invented this filesystem."

--=20
Derrick