[OpenAFS-devel] Re: Proposed new kafs interface: k_getpag

Russ Allbery rra@stanford.edu
Thu, 16 Jul 2009 14:15:32 -0700

Love H=F6rnquist =C5strand <lha@kth.se> writes:

> uint32_t is too small to be temporal unique in a sane way, ie you get to
> keep a list of them.
>
> Representing pags as a number its a bad idea since that limit
> implementation options. What is the OS have native support for PAGs (or
> something kind of like it) but they are all internal and the consumer
> cant know anything about them ?
>
> Returning a number that might be unique is ok with me, but it should not
> be the PAG number.

Yeah, I think this is a good argument for starting with k_haspag.  We can
always add k_curpag later if we work out what it should be returning, and
even if we have k_curpag, k_haspag is still useful in its own right for
many of the envisioned uses.

--=20