[OpenAFS-devel] Git/gerrit basics (Windows) 2

Wed, 22 Jul 2009 13:55:28 -0400

Mickey Lane wrote:

> Wanting to fix a small thing, I
>
> 	git checkout origin/master
> 	git checkout -b ms_idn_path_fix origin/openafs-devel-1_5_x

openafs-devel-1_5_x is dead.   Use master.

> 	<edit a file>
> 	git commit -a
> 	<edit the log message>
> 	git log -p origin/openafs-devel-1_5_x..HEAD
> 	<message & diff look OK>
> 	git push ssh://gerrit.openafs.org/openafs.git HEAD:refs/for/openafs-devel-1_5_x
> 	<fixed an SSH issue so I think that's OK>
> 	<get push error: branch openafs-devel-1_5_x not found>

gerrit is not configured to work with all branches.  At the moment it
will work with master, openafs-stable-1_4_x, and
openafs-windows-kdfs-ifs-branch.

> I read in http://www.dementia.org/twiki/bin/view/AFSLore/GitDevelopers:
> "Note that the openafs-devel-1_5_x branch is now effectively dead - future 1.5 releases will occur from the 'master' branch"
>
> Latest exercise is to repeat the above without reference to origin/openafs-devel-1_5_x:
>
> 1. Start with origin/master
> 2. Do 'git pull'. No apparent error.
> 3. Copy everything to yet another 'practice' directory
> 4. Copy all of my build setup files from the successful openafs-devel-1_5_x build
> 5. Build the Windows client. This fails. The error has to do with missing header files (all of them) in ...\dest\i386_w2k\checked\include\rx

I built on Windows from master this morning.

> What is the proper git sequence of commands for building the current Windows client?

git doesn't affect the build rules for the Windows client.  Did you
update your build setup files to specify the correct AFSROOT for the
source tree you are building?  Are you using the correct top-level
NTMakefile?

Jeffrey Altman