[OpenAFS-devel] gerrit: "but someone else must approve"

Simon Wilkinson sxw@inf.ed.ac.uk
Mon, 27 Jul 2009 01:43:24 +0100

On 27 Jul 2009, at 01:11, Adam Megacz wrote:

> "but someone else must approve"
>
> How do you tell gerrit not to say this on your behalf?

Don't give a code review of +1?

Seriously, gerrit has a number of stock phrases that attach to its
various different code review settings. We can actually configure
these, if people find the current ones objectionable, although I think
they match their meanings pretty well...

To summarise, they are:

Code review:
+2: Looks good to me, approved
+1: Looks good to me, but someone else must approve
0: No score
-1: I would prefer that you didn't submit this
-2: Do not submit

Verification:
+1: Verified
0: No score
-1: Fails

In the current configuration only gatekeepers can give +2 and -2 code
reviews. This pretty much mirrors the previous system, where the
ultimate decision about what can, and cannot, go into the tree is made
by the gatekeepers. Everyone else can express a preference ("Looks
ok", "I would prefer this didn't go in"), but only the gatekeepers
views actually determine what gets into the tree.

Hope that clears things up!

Simon.