[OpenAFS-devel] configuration files for servers

Marcus Watts mdw@umich.edu
Fri, 05 Jun 2009 14:37:43 -0400

Simon Wilkinson just asked for "configuration files for servers"
at the best practices workshop.

I also talked briefly with Simon about this the night before last.

As it happens, the k5ssl code can parse krb5.conf files today.
This may not be exactly the file format that people would like,
but it may be "close enough".

in any of the rxk5 branches, look at
	src/k5ssl/k5s_cf.c

there isn't anything that writes these files back out.
I'm not convinced this is a good idea, but if people
really want that - it is possible.  I think I
have a test program that does this, but I don't seem
to have bothered to save it with k5ssl.  It is
trivial to walk the in-core configuration file contents,
and to write it out in whatever format.
	src/k5ssl/t_cf.c
		is sample code to do just that.

				-Marcus